Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Raya Celebration at Cirebon

I travelled from Jakarta to Cirebon at 11 30 am. It took approximately 4 hour journey by train. Once we arrived in Train station at Gambir, Jakarta, it was such a long queue. The seat was unavailable but we still bought the ticket. At the end, we have to seat on the floor with hot and uncomfortable and limited spaces... but after all, I like this kind of experiences..because it teach me how to be strong and independently. Every time I went to jakarta, it always make me feel that I am so lucky being a Bruneian under the Rule of His Royal Majesty Brunei.

Tonight, I requested to go out and had a looked the Ciledug village. Fortunately, I brought my digital camera with me. This is what I encountered.



This is normal culture of Sundanese. This is kind of an entertainment and perform by a group of people. Some of them dance, play musics instrument and some do sing and some help in carry the things. The name of this show is called "Burok". They will go to house at requested and for rent purposes. This show usually will be performed during some festival such as Raya Celebration, when a person in the house is having circumcision or "bersunat" and also on every 17 august. This is because on that day, this kind of show will enrolled in the competition to choose the winner of Burok.




Personally, I always likes and interest in other people cultures especially art & theatre, calligraphy and songs. It always make me feels calm and an eye opener for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...